With the Auto Merge app for Zendesk, you can automatically merge tickets from the same requester based on matching fields. You can install it directly from the Zendesk Marketplace.
How it works
When a new ticket is created, a Zendesk trigger, which you create, sends the ticket ID to our service. Auto Merge then searches through the requester's previous tickets to see if there's a duplicate.
Let's say you want to use the Shopify order ID custom field as your matching criteria.
- When a requester submits a new ticket with Shopify order ID = 1002, your trigger notifies the Auto Merge target (our service).
- Our service will search through the requester's tickets for a matching Shopify order ID.
- If there is a match, the new ticket will be automatically merged into the most recent ticket with Shopify order ID = 1002.
Some teams may prefer to merge all tickets from the same requester. In this case, you can simply remove all fields from matching criteria.
Note: Auto Merge was previously a feature of Playlist Ticket Assignment, but it's now a separate app. Customers who enabled the the Auto Merge feature in Playlist Ticket Assignment will continue to have access to it.
- Install app from Zendesk Marketplace
- Merge window (hours)
- Matching criteria
- Target ticket conditions
- Customize merge comments
- Create your auto merge trigger