With Auto Merge, you can automatically merge tickets from the same requester based on matching fields. You can install it directly from the Zendesk Marketplace.
How it works
When a new ticket is created, a Zendesk trigger, which you create, sends the ticket ID to our service. Auto Merge then searches through the requester's previous tickets to see if there's a duplicate.
Let's say you want to use the Shopify order ID custom field as your matching criteria.
- When a requester submits a new ticket with Shopify order ID = 1002, your trigger notifies the Auto Merge target (our service).
- Our service will search through the requester's tickets for a matching Shopify order ID.
- If there is a match, the new ticket will be automatically merged into the most recent ticket with Shopify order ID = 1002.
Some teams may prefer to merge all tickets from the same requester. In this case, you can simply remove all fields from matching criteria.
Note: Auto Merge was previously a feature of Playlist Ticket Assignment, but it's now a separate app. Customers who enabled the the Auto Merge feature in Playlist Ticket Assignment will continue to have access to it.
- Install app from Zendesk Marketplace
- Merge window (hours)
- Matching criteria
- Target ticket conditions
- Create your auto merge trigger