Merging your backlog with Auto Merge is quick and easy. Simply create a scheduled job to efficiently merge your existing tickets from specific views.
Even if you don't have a large backlog of tickets, it's always a good idea to have a job running periodically to clean up duplicates that might have been missed by your auto merge trigger.
1. Create a "Batch" merge rule.
Navigate to Auto Merge > Merge Rules and click on "Add rule".
- Enter a name for the rule and select Batch for Type.
- If you just want to merge tickets from the same user (i.e. same email), save the rule with default options.
- Save the rule.
2. Create a view for your backlog.
If you don't already have one, create a view in Zendesk that filters specifically for tickets that you want to merge.
- Auto Merge will search though the view and merge duplicate tickets from the same user.
- Be careful as merges cannot be undone in Zendesk.
- You'll reference this view in a scheduled job in the next step.
3. Create a Scheduled Job.
Navigate to Auto Merge > Scheduled Jobs.
- Click on "Add job" to create a new scheduled job.
- Select the Merge Rule that created from step 1 and the View that you created from step 2.
- Adjust Frequency (i.e. how often you want the job to run) to your preference.
- Save the job.
That's it! Once you've created the scheduled job, you just need to wait for it to run.