Similar to custom roles in Zendesk (Enterprise), you can create roles in Playlist to control user permissions within the app. Roles also control the statuses that an agent can choose from for Round Robin.
Administrator, Supervisor, and Agent are standard roles that are automatically created for each account. Here are some important notes to keep in mind:
- Standard roles cannot be modified or deleted.
- The "Manage app" permission has been retired.
- All agents who were designated with the "Manage app" permission (on Jan 11, 2021) have been migrated to the Supervisor role.
- All Zendesk administrators are defaulted to the Administrator role.
- All other users are defaulted to the Agent role.
Creating a custom role
To create a role, go to Playlist Setup > Users > Roles. Click on "Add role."
Enter a name and description (optional) and configure permissions for the role.
- The "Manage app" permission is now deprecated.
- All users who previously had the "Manage app" permission have been migrated to the Supervisor role.
Here's a breakdown of each permission.
Provides user with full access to the following pages:
- Playlist Button > Settings
- Round Robin >
- Agent Statuses
- Out of Office
- Workflows >
- Same Agent*
- Auto Merge*
- Real-Time Routing*
- Dedicated Support*
- Users > Roles
- Tools > API Key*
- Account > Zendesk*
* User must also be a Zendesk admin to access the page.
Provides a Zendesk admin with access to the billing page (Account > Billing) and billing portal.
- Update credit card
- Edit billing information
- View and download past invoices
For this permission to be honored, the user must also be a Zendesk admin.
Enables user to change their own availability (agent status dropdown) for Round Robin.
Change team member's status
Enables user to change the availability of other agents in the Team dashboard. This permission also requires the "Change status" and "Team dashboard" permissions.
Provides user with access to the Team dashboard. Without the "Change team member's status" permission, the Team dashboard is read-only.
Provides user with the ability to view, create, edit, and delete Playlist rules and Round Robin queues. It also enables the user to associate specific agents/groups to rules and queues. This includes full access to the following pages:
- Playlist Button >
- Round Robin > Queues
Manage agent capacity
Enables user to edit another agent's personal inbox limit on the their user profile in Zendesk (Playlist user sidebar app).
Provides user with full access to agent availability reports.
Select the status dropdown options that the user should have access to. You can also control the order of statuses by selecting options in the appropriate order.
Assigning roles to users
- Go to Users > Users.
- Select the appropriate users (up to 100 at a time) and click on "Change role".
- Choose the role that should be applied to the selected users and click on submit.