There are 3 parts to setting up the Playlist button:
Playlist button is enabled by default. If disabled, agents will lose access to the Playlist button feature (see disabling Playlist button).
Assign in batches of
Enter the number of tickets (1 - 10) that should be assigned to the agent at once.
Your unsolved tickets view
Select a view that should be automatically refreshed when tickets are assigned by the Playlist button. If a view is not selected, Playlist will automatically open up a ticket that was just assigned to the agent.
Number of open tickets (status = Open) that an agent can have at once. If the agent clicks on the Playlist button when they are at or above this limit, they'll get an error message. It's also possible to set an inbox limit at the individual level.
Create rules to control how the button should search and prioritize tickets. Different agents can have different rules, so make sure you create as many rules as necessary.
Playlist Setup > Playlist Button > Rules.
1. Click on Add rule.
2. Enter a descriptive name for the rule.
3. Rule options.
- Use SLA: Enable to prioritize by Next SLA breach (only if you have implemented SLA policies in Zendesk). Those closest to breaching SLA will be assigned first. If disabled, tickets will be prioritized by created date (oldest tickets are assigned first).
- Include already-assigned: This option should generally be disabled. To learn more, see Include already-assigned tickets when searching for new tickets.
- Default: If set as default, agents will use the rule if one is not explicitly assigned to them.
4. Select views that should be used for searching tickets. Tickets will be pulled from the highest priority view until it's depleted, then from the next highest priority view, and so on. Drag and drop to rearrange views.
Make sure your views filter for unassigned tickets by including the condition Assignee > Is > - . Otherwise, Playlist might not assign anything even though there are tickets in your views. Please also note that agents don't need access to views. You can hide them from agents.
5. Optionally, set a Limit per view. When using view limits, the "Assign in batches of" and "Inbox limit" settings are still respected.
6. Click on the Preview button to get a live preview of the rule. This could be useful for testing and validating your rule.
Assigning rules to agents
Once you've created your Playlist Rules, assign them to agents.
Playlist Setup > Playlist Button > Agents:
1. In the Playlist Rule column, select the appropriate rule for each agent. You can stage all of your changes before saving.
2. Once you're happy with the staged rule assignments, click on the Save button located on the footer of the page.