You can control the number of tickets that can be auto assigned to an agent per day by using daily limits. There are 3 levels of daily limits: Team (default), Agent, and Queue.
- Only look at tickets assigned within the last 12 hours (not literally a daily limit).
- Do not account for tickets reassigned or escalated to another queue or agent.
- Do not account for tickets assigned outside of Round Robin (e.g. assigned manually).
- Can be slightly inaccurate if Zendesk's API is unresponsive.
- Are different from inbox limits, which are based on the agent's number of concurrent open tickets.
Team (default) daily limit
The team daily limit is the default/global daily limit for your agents. It looks at the overall number of tickets assigned to an agent for the day, regardless of which queue the tickets came from.
In the Settings page, enter a Daily limit for your team's default daily limit. Leave it blank if you prefer not to have a daily limit.
You must have the "Customize app" permission to edit Settings.
Agent daily limit
The agent daily limit also looks at the overall number of tickets assigned to an agent for the day. It simply overrides the team daily limit.
On the user's profile in Zendesk, enter a Daily limit to override the team daily limit. Leave it blank to inherit the team's (default) value.
To update this field, you must have the "Manage agent capacity" permission.
Queue daily limit
The queue daily limit controls how many of a queue's tickets can be assigned to an agent per day. Unlike the team and agent daily limits, the queue daily limit only counts tickets assigned from a specific queue. However, the team/agent daily limits are still respected for the overall daily count.
When configuring a queue, enter a value Daily limit per agent. Leave it blank if you prefer not to have a limit specifically for the queue.
You must have the "Manage queues" permission to edit queues.