Please note that this feature is currently in beta. We may change or remove it at any time without notice.
You can specify a regular expression (regex) to extract a specific portion of the subject text and use it for your matching criteria.
Let's say your product sends system-generated emails to your support address based on different user events. These emails end up as tickets in Zendesk. The subject in these tickets could look like the following:
- [App] ID: 12345 (signed up)
- [App] ID: 12345 (approved)
- [Website] ID: 12345 (canceled)
As you can see, they all contain a user ID and have a similar structure. Assuming user ID is always a number, you can use the following regex:
This regex will extract the user ID, prefixed with "ID: ", from the subject. Then, with this matching criteria, tickets will only be merged if they have the same user ID in the subject. If the user ID is not found in either ticket, nothing will be merged.
- Regex is currently only available for the Subject field.
- Omit the leading and trailing forward slashes (for example, use
ID: \d+, not
- Only the first regex match (when scanning from left to right) is used.