Generally, when tickets are updated by Playlist, the admin who authorized the app during setup will appear as the "updater" on ticket events.
To change the name that's displayed on ticket events, you can reauthorize Playlist with a different Zendesk admin login. You can use any other existing admin login, but we recommend using an integration user such as email@example.com.
Sample integration user
- Name: Zendesk Integration
- Role: Administrator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reauthorizing Playlist as a different admin
- Log in to Zendesk with the desired admin login.
- If you have enabled group restrictions for Playlist, make sure the desired admin also has access to the app.
- Go to Playlist setup > Account > Zendesk and click on Deauthorize. The app will automatically reload and redirect you to the "Get started" page.
- While still logged in as the desired admin user, click on Authorize. For security reasons, you only have 10 minutes to authorize the app. If you get an error because you did not authorize within the 10-minute window, please refresh and try again.