You can report on Playlist usage to monitor the adoption of the app or identify agents that tend to cherry-pick tickets. Playlist tracks usage on custom ticket fields, making it very easy for reporting.
Custom ticket fields
The following custom ticket fields are managed by Playlist and are updated when tickets are assigned through app:
- Playlist Assigned? - changes from a blank value to 1
- Playlist Assigned By - the Zendesk User ID of the agent who clicked on the Playlist button. If routed through round-robin, this would be the Zendesk User ID of the admin who installed the app.
- Playlist Assigned At - timestamp of when the ticket was assigned through Playlist.
By default, these fields are hidden from agents and are only visible to admins. If you're on Zendesk Enterprise, you could remove these fields by updating your ticket forms.
You have a couple of options to report on this data.
1. Reporting with Zendesk Explore
Explore is optimized for reporting in Zendesk, so it's ideal if have access to it. Please see Reporting on Playlist Assigned in Zendesk Explore.
2. Using a third-party reporting (BI) tool
For more advanced, custom reports, you can use a third-party reporting tool such as Looker or Tableau. Your analyst or data engineer should be able to make the custom ticket fields available for reporting.
3. Export as CSV
If you don't have access to Explore or a reporting tool, you can create a view that includes the Playlist custom ticket fields and export as CSV. With the CSV file, you can use software like Excel to perform your analysis.